Problems w/ Tor or Privoxy on one site

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by phkhgh, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phkhgh

phkhgh Registered Member

Most sites I can log onto & navigate OK using Tor / Privoxy & Firefox (have the Vidalia bundle). There's one particular site that will load OK & even login w/ user name & PW. It does say browser needs Script (I believe it means Java script, because when i used to access the same site before using Tor, had to enable Java Script). Problem is once logged in (using Tor) there are a bunch of icon links. Clicking on them does nothing, w/ or w/o Java or Java Script enabled in FF while using Tor. I even tried logging onto it w/ IE7 & Tor enabled (I know, not really secure) but just wanted to see. Same thing - clicking on the icon links does nothing. Any ideas? Thanks. Incidentally, I couldn't make paragraphs when creating this post. Is there a forum that deals exclusively w/ Tor, here or elsewhere?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Difficult to offer specific advice without a site URL to check. Most likely the problem is either Javascript or the icons triggering popup windows which are then blocked by a web filter or popup stopper. Are you using anything aside from Privoxy and Firefox along with Tor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.