Problems running OS Selector and anti virus software (NOD32)

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by gregl, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregl

gregl Registered Member

After installing a new copy of NOD32 my PC would not boot. I ran the boot CD and recovered OS Selector. I am able to use my PC, however, my antivirus software is now corrupted. Has anybody else encountered this problem? How do I resolve it?

Thank you

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I have to say, I'm not sure why OSS would interfere with NOD32 but ----

If you disable the start up scan of NOD32 can you still run it manually?

OR

If you remove OSS does NOD32 come back to life?

I suspect that maybe it is a co-incidence that NOD32 died after the OSS install.

I'm interested in the results, as I intend to move to NOD32 in the near future.

As a thought, Wilder host the NOD32 user forum, have you posted there as well about the problem?

Colin

3. gregl

gregl Registered Member

Thanks Colin
    System seems to be working now (almost).

I uninstalled NOD32, removed the Eset folder and reinstalled the product.
    OS Selector is working fine and NOD is working again.

However, NOD32 is failing to record the date of the last update and the Windows Security Centre alerts me each time I reboot. I will have to put this on the NOD32 user forum.

I have never had this problem before, in fact, this is the first time in 2 years that I have had a problem with NOD32. I have been very satisfied with it.

I think must have corrupted something beforehand. I installed OSS onto a newly setup hard drive with new install of XP Pro. Then I installed NOD32 from my old drive. I would say that is where things went wrong.

Thanks for you help, Colin. I hope it doesn't put you off trying NOD32. It is a very reliable product. :thumb:

Regards
    Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.