Problems on Windows 8 Pro

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by spjoruss, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spjoruss

spjoruss Registered Member

I only found out about SpywareBlaster today. I downloaded the 5.0 version and installed it on my computer. After installing the program it did not start. I checked the task manager and saw two instances of it running there. But no gui on my screen. I killed the processes then uninstalled it and tried again. Same problem.

I am running Windows Defender anti virus. So I uninstalled SpywareBlaster again. Then stopped Windows Defender, rebooted my machine and reinstalled SpywareBlaster. And the same problem still. I can see two processes of SpywareBlaster running in task manager but no gui running.

I found a thread from March that talked about a similar problem but could not post to that thread.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=338577

Sounds similar to the problem talked about in March on the last comment.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

When you look at the spywareblaster.exe processes in Task Manager, are they using any CPU/processor time? Or are they basically idle?

Do you have multiple displays, or have you ever had more than one display hooked up to that computer?

Do you use any "virtual desktop"-type programs?

Thanks!

3. spjoruss

In the Task Manager one instance of spywareblaster.exe is alternating between 0% to 0.3% CPU and 6.2MB of memory. The other instance of spywareblaster.exe is 0% CPU and 0.6MB of memory.

I only have one Display but I bought a new graphics card a few months ago and changed from VGA to DVI input if that makes any difference.

I don't use any Virtual Desktop programs but I use Teamviewer VNC somtimes for remote help to others.

Thanks.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Could you please send an e-mail to:
    bugreports AT brightfort DOT com

(Replace the "AT" and "DOT" above with the appropriate "@" and "." symbols.)

Please reference this thread and your username on these forums.

We're working on a testing setup that should help us determine in more detail what's happening. Thanks!

5. spjoruss

Okay I sent the email off.

Thanks,
    spjoruss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.