Problems installing ESET File Security for Linux

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by russellbcpsi, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russellbcpsi

russellbcpsi Registered Member

Hello

We contacted NHA and purchased a single license of NOD 32 for Linux.

NHA emailed us a document with the following:

Product Platform: ESET File Security for Linux/BSD
    User Name
    Password

I went to the download page and the exact product platform mentioned above is not listed, so I called NHA and was pointed to "ESET File Security (Red Hat Ready/SuSe Ready)".

Now I have esets.i386.rpm.bin and the nod32.lic file that was attatched to the email.

I placed both of these files on our server which is running RedHat 5 Enterprise Edition.

Per download instructions, I ran sh ./esets.i386.rpm.bin.

The license agreement pops up. Once I answer yes to accept, I get the following:

Do you accept this license agreement? Y
    Creating esets-2.71.10.i386.rpm
    Verifying MD5 Checksum <flashing cursor>

Nothing happens beyond this point. I left it sitting for hours with no change.

I then tried to install the package esets-2.71.10.i386.rpm. Received a message that package installed successfully then nothing.

The instructions say that once you have confirmed the Acceptance Agreement, the installation package is placed into the current working directory and the relavant information regarding the package's installation, un-installation or update is printed to the terminal.

I do not see any of that and do not see where Nod32 is installed anywhere on the server. Help??

2. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

3. russellbcpsi

Thanks for the reply

That worked.

Package Mgr now shows where it has been installed. Now I'm having trouble finding and running the software. I was expecting something like the Control Center on the Windows machines.

Also, I'm not sure what to do with the nod32.lic file. Sorry for the limited info as Red Hat is also new to me so this may very well be user error.

4. russellbcpsi

OK, scrap that

We now have internet access on the Red Hat server. We found the that service was running but not able to authenicate the update. Now with internet access we're getting past that.

Next question. What do I do with the nod32.lic file?

5. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

You need to copy it to /etc/esets/license/
    After doing so you'll be able to run esets_daemon as well as update.

6. russellbcpsi

Now we have the lic file copied over

We can run ps -C esets_daemon and see the process running.

Not sure what to do next. Sitll no sign of Nod32 being installed other than checking the processes.

Is there no control center as the Windows version of Nod 32?

Is there a way to test? We tried the Eicar antivirus test (which is a benign virus used for testing) and did not get any warnings.

7. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

No, everything's handled from command line. There is a graphic interface - esets_wwwi - which serves mainly for tweaking esets.cfg

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1193031&postcount=4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.