Problems after ERA server migration

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by atakma, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atakma

atakma Registered Member

Hello,
    I'am in process of ERA server migration. I use this KB Article for migration procedure.
    I made all steps without problems. Only after database import to a new ERA server I had to run era.exe with /server_name_repair switch in order to start ERA service.

Now I reconfigured Configuration file (changed Update and ERA server name to the new server name) on old ERA server and applied it to the clients. In the Task monitor I see that configuration is applied to clients.

But the clients do not connect to the new server.

When I open client configuration properties it si still pointing to the old server.

I can manualy download configuration file (the same configuration file which I applied automatically through the old server) to the client and then client connects to the right server.

So question is why configuration is not applied? And how to do this automatically?

ERA Server and Console version 4.0.138

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Configuration (ie. default policy) is only applied when a client connects to an ERA server. If the old ERA server is still running, change its default policy so that it points to the new ERA server. The next time clients connect to ERAS, they will download the new policy and connect to the new ERAS as of then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.