Probleme with Acronis Disk Director

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by samy, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samy

samy Registered Member

I used Acronis DD to resize my PC Hard Drive.

- Using the "Full Version" (as recommended) to perform this task,
    DD is showing my two external HD connected (usb) to the PC but not the PC HD (internal one).

- Disconnecting the external HD , booting and using again DD in "Full Version" I've got a window:
    "Acronis Disk Director Suite has not found any Hard Disk Drive"

- Booting again but using the DD "Safe Version" I can see the internal HD but the mouse pointer does not show on the desktop

Thanks

2. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I suspect I know exactly what your problem is. It is the mickey mouse linux based bootables that Acronis creates. They will not see SATA drives for sure
    That company really is a joke.

Recommend you create a WinPe bootable. Its not that complicated and you can get the instructions here

http://kb.acronis.com/content/11764

But follow the instructions exactly and you should be fine

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  3. samy

samy Registered Member

Hi buckshee

Thanks for your prompt answer.

but I think I have made a "mistake"
    Just after submitting my thread i open DD from within Windows.
    My internal HD have three partitions (C' E' and F')
    I resized the F removing 20GB I added to E, and resized the E removing the 20GB I added to C
    After rebooting and clicking on "My Computer"
    Partitions E' and F' have been resized correctly ("Total Size" and Free Space" accordingly)
    BUT ... Partition C shows the same "Total Size" and "Free Space" as before the resize process

Opening the "Device Manager":
    Partition C: shows (in the table) same "Capacity" and "Free Space" as before the resizing
    But the graphic representation of the C partition shows the New resize capacity

Where these 20 GB are located?
    Why this incompatibility between the size of the C partition in table and in the graphic representation?

Thanks

4. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

Humm

I know, that despite the boot CD problems you can resize and create partitions with DD11 then on the reboot Acronis will do the changes.

When you start up Partition Manager and look at the visual representation near the bottom it should show any `unalloacted' areas of the harddriive. If there is and it shows up somewhere other than next to the C partition then you will need to `move' the other partitions. This wiill then move the unallocated partion next to the C partition so C can be resized.

From what you said above it sounds like you resized E and F but didn't tell C to resize so
    see if that unalloacted space is there

Unfortunately I don't use DD11 any more but I think this ma be your problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.