Problem With Spywareguard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Quo_Vadis, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quo_Vadis

Quo_Vadis Registered Member

Dear all,

Yesterday I downloaded Spywareguard with IDM. The download manager said that there was in error but I didn't really pay attention to that. So, after the downloading completed, I installed Spywareguard and did the following step, but it didn't successfully finished due to bad connection I had.

I later rebooted my PC and found the problem started. The Spywareguard blocks almost all the programs I installed (except MSN messenger). I tried to uninstall Spywareguard by going to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, but failed. I tried the tips given by the moderator in here i.e. copying a registry to disable the Spywareguard, but it didn't work.

I can open my Firefox only when I open a folder in my hardisk which has a saved internet file. This leads me to be able to open Firefox.

Does anyone know how to fix my problem? I'd like to uninstall Spywareguard and install it again later after I find out what really happened.

Thank you for your attention.

PS: if this problem happens to be a duplicate thread, moderators, please give me the link to the supposed thread. My connection here is not so good that I can't search and read the appropriate threads concerning this problem.

2. psic88

psic88 Registered Member

I don't know if this will work for you or not, but I couldn't exit spywareguard because the tray icon had disappeared, and I couldn't uninstall while it was running, so I went into Windows Task Manager and used 'end process' to stop sgmain.exe. Then the uninstall from 'add and remove programs' worked.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.