Problem with Sandboxie 3.52

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by John Bull, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redgrum

redgrum Registered Member

Have you looked at the Version Changes?

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?VersionChanges#v_3_52

If you are bent on it being a config issue, take note of "Added support for a question mark character in Sandboxie settings that is considered a single-character wildcard."

Other than that, try doing things with your other settings/apps - if you don't dare, you won't win...

2. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Update 10 Feb,11

I have unsubscribed from this thread due to the personal comments received, but have been reading it as a guest. In view of some posters fascination with blaming JB`s ignorance and his crap PC and not paying attention to the real culprit - Sandboxie 3.52, I cannot resist posting this note. It gives me great pleasure.

Firstly I thank you all for your practical contributions and enthusiastic character assassination, but alas as I said in my last post, I have actually got the answer elsewhere with absolutely no personal abuse, just kind considerate help.

So, I bid you all adieu on this one and will enjoy my SBxie 3.52 with the same adoration and operational pleasure as 3.50.

John

3. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear Jb,

Sandboxie v3.53 beta 1 is out. Just FYI.

Best regards,

KOR!

4. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

hi John
    if you can help my little testing
    I installed the test SpyShelter 5.04 on computers with Sandboxie 3.52+Returnil+Prevx....
    I was pleased with how this combination works.
    I uninstalled prevx and returnil...and again something did not work properly.
    When I uninstall SpyShelter ...computer is fly.
    Again I installed Returnil and Prevx and PC ... a little slower, but flies...
    I think that version of Sandboxie 3.52 and SpyShelter did not cooperate the best

the computer is installed windows7 home premium 64bit

5. moontan

moontan Registered Member

in post #2 Cudni asked a simple question and you went ballistic in post #3 right from the get-go.

i suggest you drop the attitude.

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Great... simply great. I'm glad you solved it. But, as I mentioned in my previous reply, as far as I could see it, no one who replied to your thread was rude towards you; but, for some reason I personally cannot understand, you don't have the will to be open minded, and accept that something in your system setup may be conflicting with Sandboxie. You just refused to find out the culprit, whatever it would be... By the way, could you share with us abusive people what was the problem and the solution found, so that other people that may face a similar problem can solve it?

Your first reply to this very same thread was rude towards Cudni, when the question made by the user/Moderator was actually pretty straightforward. After my reply, you admitted you rushed into conclusions. I thought this could be the start for you to be open minded, but you seem to take all the wrong conclusions about any user willing to help you.

It's not like anyone is obligated to help anyone; after all, we don't get paid to assist anyone, but anyone here, for sure will do their best to assist any other user seeking for help. This was what happened; every user who replied to this thread asked you if you were willing to narrow down the problem, but you refused it. That's OK. But, the fact these users asked if you could narrow down the problem, does not make of them abusive people. They actually provided "considerate help".

7. John Bull

LOOK moontan ! Get up to date man, I issued a sincere apology about that post. Stop trolling and looking for trouble. Read the consecutive posts if you have the ability to do so, before going ballistic and writing insulting remarks.

If you have nothing better to say other than be rude and insulting - then don`t say it. AND I suggest you drop YOUR attitude. Perhaps innocent threads would be better without your particular contributions.
    John

8. moontan

listen john,

it's not the first thread i read from you were you seem to be a little confrontational.

anyway, i'm glad you fixed your problem.
    have a good day m8.

9. John Bull

You are on the right track - Spyshelter and SBxie simply do not mix. i could not care less why, but they don`t. Just delete or disable SS and use Keyscrambler - you should be OK then.
    John

10. ALiasEX

ALiasEX Registered Member

How so?

11. redgrum

redgrum Registered Member

So there was no config workaround for either program, just a straight application clash?

12. moontan

john,

sometimes knowing what causes the problems can help in similar situations later.

Spyshelter apparently injects a lot of TDSS hooks in the kernel.
    which *can* leads to incompatibilities and problems.
    or it could very well be a bug in the new SBie version...

quick restore software like Rollback and the like can be very useful in troubleshooting these kind of problems.
    i like to keep a snapshot or an image of just before i install any security products so i can try stuff later on.

13. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have been using Sandboxie 3.52 for some time and I find no problem.

@JB I find the notion that it is sometimes necessary to sometimes entertain the fact that the problem may lie in a setting (that can be modified) or software that can be replaced with another and we should be more open to help and you can still reinstall the removed software after the exact problem is found!

14. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

It also waters down Sandboxies protection.

Bo

15. John Bull

Bo, a slight departure from my unsubscribed status as I felt it necessary.

AVG 2011 detected 89 Spyshelter hooks which came up on their Rootkit scan. These were all false positives, AVG were informed and have corrected all but 4 of them. These 4 will also be corrected.

Spyshelter in it`s own right is extremely good, I like it very much, but this program does conflict with SBxie and can do so with other programs. Maybe time will prove beneficial as everybody gets sorted out. SS is a comparatively new program and as such, has to adapt in order to join "the club".

Sadly, in my view Spyshelter is best left alone at present and to select an alternative.

16. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Most likely any program with that many hooks will have conflicts with SBIE
    and also diminish its performance.

Bo

17. John Bull

Bo,
    I reckon you`ve just defined ONE big NO-NO if you use SBxie - sadly don`t use Spyshelter at present. Perhaps in a year`s time or more it will all have been sorted out. But as you say, any program needing 89 in-line hooks should be avoided. Not surprising conflicts pop up like an army of Prairie Dogs.

18. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear JB,

Do you know Big Bad Bull as he is quoting you at the Sandboxie forum and referencing this thread.

As far as SpyShelter is concerned, I rather have it any day than Sandboxie, but this is off topic.

Best regards,

KOR!

19. John Bull

Thanks King,
    I don`t give a fig about Big Bad Bull quoting whatever he likes on the SBxie Forum, I am not even going to look at his waffling, Big Bad John is just as good at quoting, almost certainly better. If Big Bad Bull wants to say anything, then he can say it to me direct by registering on Wilders Forum - I can`t wait to meet him.

SS - you can enjoy this great program as much as you like with it`s 89 in-line hooks, but if you use SBxie, you are in for big trouble. I would never disregard SBxie for any other security program available, least of all for some keylogger plus program - NO CONTEST !. SBxie is the best security program available on the web at this time, with no competitors remotely in sight.

KOR !

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.