problem with protocol filtering

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by WSFuser, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

some time ago, i noticed that running a check on my torrents (i use utorrent) would cause a BSOD (d0000144 Unknown Hard Error). knowing LnS' TCP SPI sometimes caused problems for other people with p2p, that was teh first thing i disabled. it seemed to solve the problem.

then just recently i got the same BSOD after i installed the Mega Pack for Unreal Tournament 2004. i would occasionaly get the BSOD when playing the game as well. i got really worried and went to a forum for advice. i ran chkdsk but the problem persisted. i checked the event log and there were some errors. the sidebyside errors were solved by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) and teh netbt errors were solved by disabling Protocol filtering in LnS.

sorry for all the background info, but now not that i havent seen a BSOD for a while, im wondering why protocol filtering caused teh BSOD. is it because i removed/disabled netbios?

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi WSFuser,

What I've understood is there was some BSOD and some errors related to NetBT in Windows logs.
    Visual Package solved the BSOD and disabling the Protocol Filtering solved the NetBT error.

Do you have still BSOD if you re-enable the Protocol Filterin ?
    If you have, please send me a minidump at lnssupport@soft4ever.com and I will look at it. I guess you are using the 2.05p3.

Thanks,

Frederic

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

actually the package solved the sidebyside errors and disabling Protocol Filtering solved the NetBT errors and BSOD.
    i will try to BSOD myself and send the dump. btw how do i get the dump file? is it a hidden or system file?

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Minidumps files are by default in c:\winnt\minidumps
    The name of the file contains the date.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.