Problem with libesets.so.3

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Tau Space, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tau Space

Tau Space Registered Member

Greetings community, trusting you are all well and in the mood for assisting me with my problem.

My setup :
    CentOS release 5.3 (Final)
    ESET File Security for Linux/BSD

I followed the instruction manual to install the Anti Virus package, and followed the instruction printed out by the installer.

When I run 'esets_daemon start' I get the following message :

[root@XAVIER ~]# esets_daemon start
    esets_daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libesets.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So I :

[root@XAVIER ~]# locate libesets.so.3
    /usr/lib32/libesets.so.3
    /usr/lib32/libesets.so.3.0.15
    [root@XAVIER ~]# ls -l /usr/lib32/libesets.so.3
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Jul 20 14:47 /usr/lib32/libesets.so.3 -> libesets.so.3.0.15

I searched these forums and only came across another instance where someone had this problem, but it was for the ESET product for Mail servers, and did not help my situation by linking as it suggested.

I also searched the esets.cfg file to see if I can locate if there is a variable I must enter to point to the location of libesets.so.3, but there is none.

Also, the install manual I downloaded does not contain any troubleshooting hints for this.

Can someone please point me in the right direction ?

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.