Problem with hot processing temporary drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by edsouza, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edsouza

edsouza Registered Member

I have installed Paragon B&R 10.0 free edition, and attempted to backup my drive. With Windows volume shadow copy service, I get an error message and it won't work. The VSS service is started. I tried stopping and restarting to no avail. I tried Paragon Hot Processing. There are no options available to select for the Hot Processing temporary drive. The backup attempt failed due to "unable to find temporary storage". Neither the C drive (NTFS) nor either of the two network storage drives are on the pick list for temp storage. I also have this program running on another computer, and all of the drives show up in the pick list for temp storage. On this computer, no dice. I have tried running Chkdsk, no errors, and that didn't solve the problem. How do I make a drive available for temporary storage?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

edsouza
    First of all, please try to re-install the program under Administrator account. Restart is required on compelte.
    Note: to run as admin: right-click *.msi instalaltion and select 'Run As Administrator'

Then check if drives are available as temp destinations.

3. edsouza

When I right click on the install program, it doesn't give me the option of installing as the administrator. I tried booting in safe mode so I could log on as the administrator, but then when I attempted to run the installation, it would not run, giving an error message saying that the administrator has set restrictions that do not allow this installation. Seems like I cannot install this as administrator. The user account I logged in on for the installation is set up as an administrator account with full priviledges.

4. edsouza

I am running Windows XP Home on this computer. The other computers on which I have installed and successfully run the program are all running XP Professional. Could that be why I can't get this to work? Is there some setting in the registry that can be made to get around this?

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

If it an .msi installer - there isn't a Run as Admin option ( at least not for Vista/7 ).

You can open an admin command prompt and enter the path to the .msi installer .

I don't know about XP , but it's worth a try.

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

edsouza,

Please check if TMP and TEMP variables are accessible for Paragon products:
    1) Create folder TEMP on C:/
    2) Edit variables:
    * right-click My Computer anв select Properties
    * go to Advanced tab
    * click 'Environment Variables' button
    * in User variables, select each row and click Edit.
    * change paths to C:\TEMP
    * Click OK and Apply.
    Edit User Variable.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.