Problem with FD

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Acadia, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Having a strange problem with FD, one that I've never seen before. This is on a WinXP system with the original classic version of FD. This morning I tried to boot into another snapshot from the GUI, a snapshot that I have successfully booted into before. I was unable to, receiving an IAT-02 file system error message. Fortunately there was also a messaging stating "Press any key to boot into Windows". I was able to get back into my Primary.

Now the strange thing, I CAN boot into other snapshots but not this one. This unbootable snapshot contains only Windows, FD, and MS updates, nothing else. As stated, I can boot into other snapshots including one that contains only the original WindowsXP and FD, nothing else. I deleted the unbootable Snapshot completely and recreated it from an Archive that I made from it, but that Snapshot remains unbootable.

To sum it up: I can boot into other snapshots but not this one, receiving an IAT-02 file system error message. This unbootable snapshot contains only the original WindowsXP, FD, and some MS updates.

Any ideas what's going on? I simply want a snapshot with WindowsXp and all MS updates just in case I ever want to completely rebuild my system, I would not have to install 20 gazillion MS updates. I could copy the original XP only snapshot and start over again with all of the updating but for obvious reason would like to avoid that.

Thanks,
    Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.