Problem with Eset smart suite 4

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by Martial, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martial

Martial Registered Member

Hello
    I have installed the new version 4 (64 bits) of eset smart suite on my computer (windows vista 64 bits edition 8 gig ram) and since when i navigate with firefox 3 i have lots of froozen computer ( open window freeze,download link drive to frozen my computer) and i can only reset (control-alt-delete doesn't work) I didn't have this problem before with version 3
    No new installation,no new settings on window and firefox.Just desintall version 3 and install version 4 of Eset smart suite
    Since this problem i use internet explorer :visit the same forum sites and fewr crash (two times)
    So problen seems related more to Firefox or some setting of Eset suite (i just select typical installation and leave defauts)
    Today i just restore my c drive from before version 4 :navigate all the afternoon without problem with firefox
    You understand that i will hesitate to reinstall again version 4 even my license is valid until 2010
    Some suggestion
    Thanks

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello Martial,

The final verions of ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security version 4 just came out this week. Therefore, since they are brand new releases, there are still probably many bugs in them. If version 3 works for you, I'd recommend staying with v3 for a few weeks until a new build(s) is released to fix the bugs or more modules are updated to fix the bugs. Maybe someone who has experience with v4 already can better assist you in resolving your problem.

However, you could try this:

Completely remove v3 before installing v4:
    • Start>All Programs>ESET>ESET NOD32 Antivirus>Uninstall.
    • Delete the INFCACHE.1 file located in C:\WINDOWS\inf folder.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Delete the ESET folder in C:\Program Files, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET, and
      C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\ESET
    ESET's Knowledgebase article on how to remove EAV/ESS

Then download the ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Final installer again and try to install it. Make sure you don't have anything running in the background that could interfere with it. Also, make sure you download the 64-bit (x64) installer since you have a 64-bit operating system.

When your computer freezes, is ekrn.exe taking up a lot of your CPU power?

Please let me know if this resolved your issue or if it didn't.

Regards,

Mark.

3. Martial

Martial Registered Member

Thanks
    I have desinstalled correctly version 3 (following Eset instruction )before the installation of version 4 (64 bits one because i am using Vista 64 bits edition)
    I am now coming back to version 3 and have no problem
    So i will wait for new build because i am sure that version 4 is the problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.