Problem with DriveCrypt Plus Pack

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by PlaStiK, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlaStiK

PlaStiK Registered Member

I recently installed Drivecrypt plus pack and encrypted both my C and D partitions. Yesterday night I shut down down the computer normaly but in the morning it refused to load Windows with a Loader error 3. To cut a long story short, I used the floppy based tool to decrypt my boot partition and used Console to fix the problem. However, after booting into Windows again the Drivecrypt control panel cannot start, saying that the 'dcpp.sys' or 'dcpp2k.sys' driver is not loaded. The driver dcpp2k.sys is in the \system32\drivers folder, I checked. this makes me unable to see my D partition and all 100GB of data on it. I tried to install drivecrypt on a second hard disk where it opens normally, but then when i try to import my keystore from the affected drive it says that it is either invalid or the password is wrong, which obviously it is not. The keystore is in the now un-encrypted C drive by the way. So, i have no way to decrypt the D partition for now and i really need the data on that drive. Is there a solution to this problem or should i start writting my suicide note? :)
    Thank you for your time.

edit: Drivecrypt PP version is 2.8, my system is Windows 2000 SP4

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

system restore on a date back in time?

3. bla

bla Guest

yeh ive got the same problem.

i just installed it, all the stuff works fine and after system reboot ... booom !
    bla *.dll not loaded or smth like that ****!

its a really big bug in that shitty programm.

guess so...

4. _Lyn_

_Lyn_ Guest

If it were me i'd swap harddrives and shelve the 100g of data till i 'thoroughly' read the DCPP help file. Is there a problem with the way you're importing the keystore? Is possible or not to use your floppy based tool to decrypt your D partition from the original drive? Next question i really don't know how to ask: is this demo mode software? If not you may want to consider downloading/ purchasing another copy or version of the program then import your key..

Whatever the outcome, i suggest finding another soft to encrypt your goodies, then store them on another HD or CD/DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.