problem with disk cloning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by K_Stub, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K_Stub

K_Stub Registered Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I have been a Ghost user for many years, having discovered it for personal use (long before Symantec bought them) then convincing my company to use it. I needed to upgrade a nearly full hard drive that contained my boot partition of WinXP Pro and decided to try your product.

I downloaded the trial version, completed the cloning and everything appears to work correctly, but when I try to copy a large file to my newly enlarged C: partition, XP tells me I have insufficient disk space.

The free space on the disk shows correctly in properties and in system information. Also, I can copy a large number of files, the sum of which is greater than the space left on my old drive, and it works fine. However, if I try to copy one file that is larger than the free space on my old drive was, it tells me I have insufficient disk space.

I am inclined to perform the procedure again with another software but I decided to give your support forum a try first.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Apr 28, 2004
    Hello K_Stub,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please let me know what file system you have? This issue can occur if you back up more than 4 gigabytes (GB) of data to a hard disk that is formatted using the 32-bit File Allocation Table (FAT32) file system.

Thank you.
    Irina Shirokova
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.