Problem with computers not showing up in Group Status, showing offline in Create Task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chrish, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrish

chrish Registered Member

ATI 9.1 Workstation

We have approx 140+ workstations here that ATI is loaded on. I constantly have problems with the following things:

-Computers do not show up at all in Group Status
    -Computers with the offline icon in the Create Task window
    -When computers show offline in Create Task, they will not accept a new task

This is a major problem. When I am applying a new Group Task, I never know if I'm getting all the computers because Acronis is so inconsistent in showing all the computers.

Tomorrow though, all the computers might show up and show that they are online in both places. There is no rhyme or reason as so why sometimes no computers are shown, and sometimes they are, or why some are shown offline when they are obviously online. Or they might not. It's up to the Acronis software as to when computers show up properly and when they don't.

The ones that show up as offline in Create Task can be manually connected to, but will not accept a new task pushed to them from the ATI Server.

These machines are all on my local LAN and are all online and operational. There is no firewall software running on any of the machines.

Here are some screenshots:

Create Task - Note the computers that show up as offline. THEY ARE ONLINE AND CAN BE MANUALLY CONNECTED TO:
    http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3088/1createtaskwx9.jpg - There are also some computers that don't even show up in the Create Task list at all, but they can be connected to as well.

Group Status - Five computers show up. Come on. There over 140 computers with ATI running here, and they can all be manually connected to:
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4262/2groupstatusss3.jpg

This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes rebooting the server fixes it temporarially, but then in an hour, or 2 hours, or a day, these problems will return. And rebooting doesn't always fix it.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the agent on a few workstations. This does not change a thing.

All workstations are consistent in their hardware:
    -Asus P4C-800 motherboard
    -3.0ghz Intel processor
    -1gb Kingston HyperX ram
    -Matrox G650 video card

We just spent an assload of money with you guys renewing our licenses and maintainence. Please find a solution for me. I will assist in any way I can.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chrish,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post from the Group Server computer and one of the problem remote computers.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Re: Problem with computers not showing up in Group Status, showing offline in Create

Aw man, can't you guys write a program to automate the process of collecting information? It's a hassle, and as many people have problems with Acronis, you'd think it would be a little easier to go through this.

4. xkravenx

xkravenx Registered Member

Re: Problem with computers not showing up in Group Status, showing offline in Create

I have notified Acronis about a similar issue.

I only see Workstations with the agent installed if they are in the same subnet. Computers on different subnet must be manually connected.

5. chrish

chrish Registered Member

Weird.. mine are in the same subnet just to add more info to the post.

Oh guess what. All the computers showed up today :mad:

I'm sure half will be gone tomorrow.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chrish,

Many thanks for choosing Acronis Backup Software

It is rather difficult to create such a program as each time we need different information depending on the product you use, OS you run under, type of the issue, and so on. At the same time it is possible to do, so we recommend you to post your idea in special Wish List thread.

In order to let our Support Team investigate the issue please submit a request to Acronis Customers Support Department with the detailed issue description and gathered System Information file from the Group Server computer and one of the problem remote computers. You can find instruction how to gather sysinfo file in Acronis Help Post.

Thank you.
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  7. Monstahund

Monstahund Registered Member

Im having exactly the same issue, paying for 115 Workstations and 15 Enterprise Servers ... all can be manually connected and running tasks that manually created fine.
    Acronis Support in Germany is working since 3-4 Weeks on the issue with no results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.