Problem with Acronis-Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thxbest, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thxbest

thxbest Registered Member

Hello,

I have a problem. sorry my English is not good very good.
    I have an Acronis image of my HDD. The HDD was exchanged. I would like to re-establish those Acronis image on the new HDD. An absence message always comes with boats: NTLDR is missing

what there is Porblem?

thanks
    thxbest

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

That's one of the most common problems ... search the forum for other messages relating to this. One of the fixes might work for you.

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Did you clone or do an image restore? If you did an image restore make sure you checked the DISK 1 box. It sounds like you didn't do this. Here is a link to an excellent article to correct these types of problems http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=313.

4. thxbest

thxbest Registered Member

thanks for informations

I made no HDD clone. I made an Acronis image the re-establishment. I again installed winXP. I would like to re-establish the Acronis image on another partition. I need my data. How can I make that?

thanks

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You can run "Recovery" and select your image file and then select "Restore specified files and folders". Then navigate to the where your files are stored in the image and select them.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thxbest,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify us some things?
    - What is the full name of product you use and its build number? (You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window).
    - Did you make an image of the whole hard drive or just a partition?
    - Did you restore the whole hard drive or just a partition?
    - If it was a partition, was it system one or just data storage?

Please note that if you want the restored backup of system partition containing Windows to be bootable on another partition, you need to prepare Windows for transfer using Microsoft system preparation tool (Sysprep) before creating the backup.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.