problem while disabling protection

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by maaster, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maaster

maaster Registered Member

I tried to download a file from internet.....i know the file is clean.so i disabled all protection of ESS 5.....still it was quarantining the file......what is the reason?I dont want ESS to do like this..then in future it will be good if ESET puts in a button to disable all protection with a single click...

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

How did you attempt to disable protection? If all of your ESET protection is disabled, the program will not quarantine any files.

Have you upgraded to ESS version 5? This version does have a one-click disabling option. Single-click the icon in the system tray and choose 'Temporarily disable protection'. It's that simple.

Of course there's the usual questions: What version of Windows are you running on the computer? Which version of ESS is currently installed? What browser are you using and have you submitted the file to our labs for inspection? If you know it's clean, they can verify that.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.