Problem updating some programs

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Tarnak, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Very often I am launching an update for Process Lasso(beta testing), and I usually turn of the firewall in WSA beforehand, because I know it is going make my system freeze.

However, because I been preoccupied with another problem that I am presently having, and posted about in another thread, I forgot.

First screenshot shows the alert by WSA appearing about 4 minutes after the time showing in the systray, i.e. 2.49PM.

ScreenShot_WSA_Launch update for Process Lasso_01.jpg

I had to go out for a couple of hours, and when I got back, I reran the update for Process Lasso.

This time, I turned of the firewall in WSA before updating, and had no problem with the update.

ScreenShot_WSA_Launch update for Process Lasso_02.jpg

2. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Too much security softwares , maybe you could remove something? There are conflicts for sure.

Diamond Process Guard + System Safety Monitor + Defensewall o_O o_O o_O

3. fax

fax Registered Member

Indeed, not the first time the user has been warned. Welcome to the club of "guess which one is the culprit?" Well, its a good user for beta testing. If it works there, it will work everywhere. Also using abandoware does not help. :D

Its a fun exercise but after sometime (I personally survived with the piling up approach around 3 or 4 years) you will get tired. "Keep it simple" principle works well also security wise.

Of course, no offense intended. :thumb:

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

None taken. :D

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I do think sometimes, that it is over the top, but then again, I am the boss. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.