Problem updating from internal mirror

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ChrisWamp, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisWamp

ChrisWamp Registered Member

I've just purchased NOD32 AV4 Business Edition and installed Remote Admin server and console and they connect fine. I was able to create an install package and push it out to both an XP client and a 2003 server.

I'm now trying to get the clients to update from the internal server. I've followed everything in the manual (section 7.3.3 of the Remote Admin user guide) and my server shows that it's getting the updates from ESET, however when I try to update the clients I get an error that says "Bad Link to Update Server". I have gone into the Advanced Setup Tree and configured my internal server as the Update Server.

When I configure the XP client to update from ESET over the internet it works fine, but when I try to point it back at the internal server it gives me the same error again.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please post here the path to the mirror server you entered in the update setup?

3. ChrisWamp

I'm just entering the IP of the server: 10.0.1.3

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

5. ChrisWamp

That fixed it. Thanks.

Didn't see that it said to list the protocol or the port so I wasn't including that.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.