Problem Steps Recorder

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by overangry, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overangry

overangry Registered Member

I haven't seen this mentioned here in the forums. I stumbled upon this win 7 tool whilst visiting Gizmos

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-windows7-vista-64-bit-software.htm

It's called Problem Steps Recorder PSR.

The authors description:

If you've ever tried to help a friend or family member over the phone, or via email, with a PC problem I'm sure you know how difficult and frustrating it can be. With the best will in the world things tend to get lost in translation. They miss out a piece of information relating to the problem, or you do regarding the solution. PSR overcomes this problem by allowing the steps needed to reproduce a problem, or to implement a fix, to be recorded and saved to a file

Press windows start, enter in the search box

psr.exe

I hope this may be useful to some of you:D

2. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I've been in that situation. My preferred solution is to use TeamViewer.

If your friend can download and run the file on his computer, and tell you the access code that pops up, you can then use TeamViewer at your end to control your friend's computer. You'll see his screen on your screen so he can show you what the problem is, but you can also use your mouse and keyboard to fix the problem remotely.

3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Is PSR a way of analyzing a problem without resorting to remote controlling of the computer? It's hard to imagine how it could work, however, interesting concept.

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.