Problem solved. Guys, try this!

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by thor77, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thor77

thor77 Registered Member

Everyone,

I, like many people, had received the same error mentioned in the post below, as well as a few posts below that, when trying to run the internet cleanup. I called Acronis, and they said they were working on it. However, I believe I have found a solution! If any of you have Microsoft Office 2003, try uninstalling the Business Contact Manager that came with the CD. I did this, restarted, installed Piracy Expert 8.0 build 714(latest build), and it worked with no problems! If this works for you, post back here, this may give Acronis a hand in providing a patch.

Hope this helps!
    thor77

2. SHaase

SHaase Registered Member

Hi,

yesterday I have installed Windows XP Pro completely new again, because since the permanent installing, removing and reinstalling privacy expert suite 8 to explore different builds or tests to solve the problems, my system began to be unstable.

The interesting point is, that the privacy expert suite 8, built 714 "still causes the same problems" at the "brand new Windows XP pro" with the following setup:

0.) all drivers installed,
    1.) all Microsoft updates installed,
    2.) Microsoft firewall enabled,
    3.) G-Data AntiVirenKit Pro installed and enabled,
    4.) Microsoft Office 2003 "without PIM!" installed,
    5.) all Office updates installed,
    6.) no further software installed!

In my opineon it seams a problem of incompatibility between Privacy Expert 8 code and the newest updates from Microsoft?

My question to you all is, which security software or Microsoft updates are you running?

Regards Stefan

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Privacy Expert Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/privacyexpert/).

Could you please do the following:

1. Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter.
    2. In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button.
    3. Run Acronis True Image again.
    4. Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2 and send them to support@acronis.com along with the screenshot of the error you get.

Please note that you need to set the system to show hidden folders and files. To do it please open any folder, choose "Tools" -> "Folder options" -> "View" tab and choose "Show hidden files and folders" setting.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.