Problem sending email

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by StevePruitt, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevePruitt

StevePruitt Registered Member

A problem suddenly started late yesterday. When I try to send email, using Outlook Express, it hangs with the progress bar at varying places. If I stop the sending and disable IMON the message goes out successfully. I've tried changing various settings, but nothing helped.

Nothing was changed in NOD settings yesterday, but I did apply patch MS07-017 earlier. I think I sent email successfully after that, but can't remember the timing.

Anyone have any ideas? I sent a message to ESET Support through their webform.

Steve

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome to Wilders !
    I would suggest the following :

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista only

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications (at least) Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) are set on Higher compatibility

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

3. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Ups, i thought, the better way is all Appl. setting to green ? :eek:

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It is, HiTech_boy is trying to see if a solution works.

Cheers :D

5. StevePruitt

StevePruitt Registered Member

Well, now it looks like the problem was at our ISP (Roadrunner), but it's strange. For one evening, I could sent email if I disabled IMON, but not otherwise. Through most of the next day, I coudn't send no matter what, and all symptoms pointed to the ISP's mail server. Then it started working again, and I don't have to fiddle with NOD32 at all.

I wonder what they could have done that first evening, when I had to disable IMON. We'll probably never know.

Thank everyone for your help!

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.