Problem restoring an acronis image- someone please advise

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chrome_sturmen, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

Apr 29, 2006
    ok- thinking back, i made some mistakes and couldve avoided this entirely- but now i have to move forward as best as i can:

i had two operating systems installed- windows server 2003, and as a backup safety partition, windows 2000.
    something went wrong recently with the windows 2000, and to make a really long story short, i wound up corrupting my windows server 2003 partition trying to fix the windows 2000.

i just updated my windows server 2003 image a couple days ago- its been up for a year and a half and runs solid- i have every setting the way i like it- it took me months to set it up right.

but when i restored from the image, windows starts up, then immediately logs back off- and theres nothing that i can do to stop it. something just doesnt work, and so im looking at having to reinstall everything from scratch, even though i just made a fresh image a couple days back.

what can i do? i have noticed this problem before-it seems that in order for the image to work- you have to restore it to the same partition that the image was created on. the new image was created on partition 3, but i restored it onto partiton 2.

can someone advise?
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Apr 28, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.