Problem Resizing and Moving SOME Partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Nedwob, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nedwob

Nedwob Registered Member

On my Dell Inspiron 9400 I have 8 logicals (D: to K:). I wanted to resize and move several. No problem with D:, E: and F:, but G: showed a small red cross and I couldnt Move or Resize it.

Couldn't find anything in the Help about this, and a search here didn't throw up anything.

I solved the problem by copying OFF everything on G: (except Recycle Bin and SysVolInfo), then Deleting G:.

After resizing H:, and moving it I got the space as I wanted it to create G: again and copy stuff back.

But this took a long time - what was the problem with G: and how can I cure the problem if it arises again in future?

nedwob

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

A small red cross on a partition indicates that there is a corruption problem with the partition or a bad sector. DD won't resize or move a partition that has a problem that it can detect. Most problems like this can be fixed by running chkdsk /f (to fix corruption or file system errors) or chkdsk /r (to mark and remove bad sectors).

Reformatting the partition, as you did, is another way to fix file system problems.

3. Nedwob

Nedwob Registered Member

Thanks for the Reply, Mark

I assumed it was something like that, but why Acronis don't mention it anywhere in the Help is annoying.

Nedwob:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.