Problem Recovering Using Universal Restore.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by roozbeh007, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roozbeh007

roozbeh007 Registered Member

we have a RAID1 Server ( Dell T105) RAID1. 1TB storage.
    we backed up our server using Acronis True Image Enterprise with Universal Restore Module installed.

we burned the back up data on a DVD DL. size of the data is 7.5 GB.
    to make sure our back up is working fine on other systems, we custom built a server with similar specifications. RAID1. 1TB storage and 2 NIC's, etc.
    when we try to restore the image we first use Boot Disk we created originally. from the menu, we chose Universal Restore (full version)

I complete all the steps and almost at the end of back up restore process I get the following error:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3399678170_d09af10a7b_b.jpg

which I'm not sure what it is. the only device connected to PCI slot is a NIC card. so i click skip. then it asks for RAID Controller driver. I place the Floppy into the drive but when I click on browse, I have no option for floppy to select the driver. I got CD-ROM, Drive "D:" where all the data has been restored to so far and some network locations. If i click on skip then the process gets terminated and computer reboots. i see windows 2003 server load screen and after 5 seconds, the blue screen of death, right after that computer restarts and same thing happens over and over and over again. :blink:

blue screen goes away so fast, that I can't even read the error.
    what are we doing wrong here? I even checked the Verify back up and it verifies it just fine. any suggestion? we thought universal restore will bypass all the driver issues till the system boots up so we can chose the right drivers. any suggestion is highly appreciated. thanks. o_O

2. lamlamz

lamlamz Registered Member

I have the exact same issue with UR for SBS.
    The reason you see the screen is, you need to load the mass storage driver when configure the UR page. Load all the T105 RAID controller driver and on the next page also specify the location where you can find the mass storage driver. (Just make sure you have the correct driver from Dell)

And YES, the UR is not so UR afterall. I have the BSOD like yours and my OS has been in the booting loop. So frustrating... Couldn't find any tech support person to talk to like it used to be.

Chee

3. roozbeh007

obvioulsy universal restore is not universal after all as you said.
    is there anybody who can help us out here?
    I'm serioulsy thinking about returning this application.
    any help is appreciated.

4. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

When you put the floppy into the drive just type A: in the path and the floppy will be read and the driver(s) on the floppy displayed. You don't need to select anything just click ok or next (I can't remember precisely as I'm going by memory).

When you have done it once it is easy but just the first time it's a bit baffling and not obvious.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  5. lamlamz

another easier way is to copy all driver into your USB drive alongside with your .tib

6. lamlamz

7. roozbeh007

I got it to work.
    the problem as I guessed it was the RAID driver. as pjb024 mentioned, I inserted the floppy into the drive and typed "A:" , magically the process finished without any problem and everything is as good as it should be.
    thanks lamlamz and pjb024 for all your helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.