problem pushing install on NOD32 AV business edition

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Eclipse99fwb, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

I have a client who is having problems pushing his install to, two of his computers. The rest went through but two of them did not. Here is the remote install diagnostic results:
    Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)

All the other result codes were 0, and completed successfully. This error was given on the two computers that wouldn't take the install. Both computers are XP with all current updates. Anyone know what the code means?

edit: okay after working with him on this, it is now three computers all in the same department. The one thing I can think that may be the problem is, they all use a secure VPN program. He had manually installed 2.7 until we could figure this out. Yesterday though, for what ever reason the 2.7 was gone off these computers. No files, nothing. I had him try to manually install 3.0, it won't install, it gives a error during installation, but no error codes. I know the RA and RAC are setup correct, along with the install package, as he has push the install to other computers on the network. I'm lost now as to what is keeping NOD32 from being installed. Anybody have any ideas or anythingo_O

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Might indeed be that secure VPN program, as many such as AT&T's Global dialer will isolate a PC when connected, pulling it away from the PCs local network, for security purposes.

To test..see if you can access the PCs C$ from the machine you're pushing from...after being prompted for domain admin credentials.

3. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

you are correct, the client tested having the vpn installed, it will not let NOD32 install either by pushing or a manual install. As soon as the vpn was uninstalled NOD32 3.0 will install. I'm waiting to get the information about what the vpn program is, and I will post it on here for anyone else who may run into this. Also I will be notifing ESET of the apparent program conflict.

4. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I had the same thing happen to me. The computer that I was trying to install on had the beta version installed. I did unistall before pushing it down but it would not load. That pc had a vpn client on it also. That pc was on the network and the vpn client wasn't active.

5. Ocwan

Ocwan Registered Member

On the machines with this issue, is Microsoft ActiveSync on it?

I wonder if removing ActiveSync on the machine, then trying to install solves the issue. I would like to know but I do not have my AS disc and if I remove it I don't know where it is :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.