Problem Installing on D: drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by cignoid, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cignoid

cignoid Registered Member

I have a hard disk with two partitions on it: C and D.

All I have is 60 MB free on C:, which is a 14GB drive, but I have several GBs on D:, which is where I downloaded the software, but it does not want to install on D: even though I am telling it to do so. Can't the software install itself on D:, which has about 65 GB free? Thks.

Then, assuming I get some good tips as to how to make the software install on D, is there anything special I need to know in order to merge D: with C: (the result would be a C: disk that would be about 100 GB in size)? Thks!

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Cignoid,

I think the problem is not only that you've ran out of space for the program to be installed, but also not enough space for the program to extract its temporary files pre-installation.

There's a couple things we can do to move data or temporarily move your temp folder.

1. In Windows folder, with hidden folders shown (Tools > folder options > View > Show hidden files and folder>, folders starting with dollar signs ($) can be temporarily moved to your D drive to free up space.

2. Start > Right-click My Computer > properties > Advanced Tab > "Environment Variables" > edit TMP and TEMP values to D:\

remember to copy down your original values to change back later.

3. If you own the professional or server edition of the product, you can download the WinPE CD to your d drive, burn the cd, restart the computer with the CD, and resize your partitions without installing anything.

https://www.paragon-software.com/my-account/login.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.