Problem Installing Acronis Components

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jbonn, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbonn

jbonn Registered Member

I'm still in the evaluation process of Snap Deploy.

When I go to install Acronis Components on a remote machine from the Management console, it gives me problems concerning logging in.

I find the computer on the network fine, I log in using the network admin account and password, so far so good.

When I click 'Proceed' to install AcronisSnapDeployAgent.msi, it looks like it installs but then comes up with the message "Remote Installation to 'PC' failed. The account name is invalid or does not exist...."
    I click 'OK' on the error box, then get a message saying "Remote Installation to 'PC' completed successfully ...You can use the features now!"

I go to check the machine and it has not been installed. I have been able to install the components remotely on another machine successfully, so it isn't network related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. manu28

manu28 Registered Member

Hello jbonn,

I am sorry to not having a solution but I have the same problem with a registered version. First it says "Remote Installation failed/wrong user or pass" and after that says "..successful".

Hope anyone has a solution for that.

thanks everybody

3. SYS/FTW

SYS/FTW Registered Member

I am also having this problem, but I don't have the ability to test it on any other machines to see if it's just an isolated problem. I have access to one test machine to evaluate this product.

Please, can someone post a solution ASAP. I am using the 15 day trial and would like to properly test Acronis Snap Deploy before making a decision on whether or not to purchase it.

SYS/FTW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.