Problem - help needed!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CDreier, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDreier

CDreier Registered Member

My computer was acting up, so I attempted to do a Restore using True Image Home 9.0. Half way through I got an error message saying something like the Restore files were corrupted. When I attempted to restart Windows XP(SP2), the computer not only wouldn't start, but didn't even read ANY of my disc drives. Making a long story short, after a great deal of trouble and using Dell tech support, I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows and just now have it back. All of my saved messages (Outlook Express) are on my external drive in True Image - but I can't access them since I no longer have True Image on the C: drive. I need to know 1) how to get to the .tib files, 2) how to read them, and 3) how to get to my Outlook Express mail on the external drive so I can begin the process of re-registering a great deal of third-party software (including True Image). I'm really getting a little panicked - help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

If you reinstall TrueImage on your machine then you can try to mount the backup image on your external drive. To mount the image, navigate to the backup .tib file on your external drive, right-click on it and choose Mount. When your old image is mounted you should be able to see the files and folders on it. Then you can copy over any files that you want.

The defective image may only have had a few bytes that were in error. If you're lucky, the files that you're interested in copying might be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.