Problem downloading NOD32...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by manOFpeace, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

LowWaterMark or anyone please ;). How does this work, I have been
    trying to d/load for ages, without any luck, Nod32 AV.
    Do I have to d/load trial version or can I go direct and d/load full version which I have found impossible to do.
    I want to get sorted out before I uninstall my Norton AV 2002. I want to uninstall one and immediately d/load the new with as small a gap as posible. TIA. o_O ;)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Re:5,000 members - free software licenses!

As you noticed, there is a difference between the trial download and the licensed. When you go to the download page and click on the v2 download link that's appropriate for your OS, do you get a popup window asking for username and password? Is it after entering the user/pass that you were given that you get the error?

Perhaps you have a bad username/password combo. Let's see what Paul has to say.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

That's fairly 100% out of the question.

manOfpeace, what does happen exactly when you follow instructions as provided by LowWaterMark?

Keep us posted!

regards.

paul

4. manOFpeace

Paul, when I go to downloads page and click on link for XP Home I get the message in attachment. Surely I should be able to d/load full version only. I emailed Esat support about 6 hours ago, still waiting.
    Attachment;

Attached Files:

• PW1.JPEG
      PW1.JPEG
      File size:
      17 KB
      Views:
  5. LowWaterMark

MoP,

Do you ever see this login box? Is that where you've entered the supplied username and password?

Hmm, looking at their message, is it possible your browser can not handle supplying the credentials"?

I'll split these related posts off into a thread for the NOD32 forum.

Attached Files:

6. manOFpeace

LowWaterMark, all I ever see is that attachment. :'(

7. LowWaterMark

Okay, so no where were you asked for the username and password you were given, correct?

What browser are you using? I successfully get the above login box when I try to download the paid version of NOD32 from that location using IE6 on my XP system.

You may need to look at things like browser security settings (and the browser type), pop-up killers or filtering software that may be blocking the login box, or similar restrictions in any firewall, etc. You may need to trust the site and disable or bypass other protections to get there...

8. manOFpeace

I disabled ZA, SB, SWS and still the same response. An earlier suggestion, I have not had the chance to enter username and password. :(
    Am I the only person with difficulties?

As far as I can remember I replied to new thread.

9. LowWaterMark

What browser are you using, is it IE?

10. manOFpeace

Hi again, I disabled everything running this time and lowered Privacy Settings to lowest. Same response.

I am running XP Home SP1 IE6.

11. LowWaterMark

Well, until your browser asks you for the username and password, you won't be able to get the download. It's definitely a browser related problem here since it won't give you the pop-up box above, which is essential to getting this to work.

One more thing to try, add their download site to IE's Trusted Zone:

sun.uid0.sk

- that is where the download actually comes from

12. LowWaterMark

Okay, I was able to recreate the problem downloading... Take a look at the image below. This is from IE's > Tools menu > Internet Options... > Security tab > Trusted Zone security, using the "Custom Level..." button.

In order to get the login authentication box shown above, I must have the zone that "sun.uid0.sk" is in set to the option circled in Red. (By default, sun.uid0.sk would be in the Internet Zone zone, of course, if you added it to Trusted, then make sure the option in Red is set there instead, restart IE and see if it works.)

If any of the three options above that one are selected, Windows will try to use your local systems username and password to sign-on at the NOD32 site, which of course won't work.

Attached Files:

13. manOFpeace

Thanks LowWaterMark, that has done the trick OK. ;)
    I am very gratefull. As it is almost 11.00pm here I will leave the rest untill to-morrow. Saying that I have to go out now and you never know what I may do when I get home again. :D

I just went into Security Settings.

14. manOFpeace

:DI got everything completed without any more bother, Thanks again to Paul and his team and to Esat, and if I may give a mention to LowWaterMark who finally cracked the nut. ;) :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.