Problem connecting speakers

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ohblu, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohblu

ohblu Registered Member

When I unplugged the speakers from my grandma's computer I was not able to see what jack they were plugged into. Now I have no idea which one they should be plugged into. There are six colors to choose from. The speakers are a 3 piece mini subwoofer which has two speakers. So there's only one plug that needs to be plugged in. Which jack/color does it plug into?

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Try the green one. If that doesn't work then you may be able to go into the Control Panel and see if there is a Realtek Manager. If so look in the I/O tab and it will be the one with the 2 speakers side by side without writing/labels on them. Mine is green in color. All this is assuming that you have Realtek hardware and software install. Realtek is very common.

Edit: Not sure if you have a fancy sound card installed but if so it may be different.

Edit 2: Usually the plugs are colored as mine is colored green which matches the input.

3. ohblu

ohblu Registered Member

Thanks. I'll give that a try. If I plug it into the wrong jack, will that hurt anything?

The plug on the subwoofer/speakers is black.

4. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I doubt it,,,,,, just make sure the volume setting is not too high just in case,,,,,,you would not want to take a chance on blowing part of the speaker set, which is unlikely but better safe than sorry.

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

4 of the jacks on mine are for speakers (front, surrounds, rear and center/sub) and the other two jacks are line in and mic. Like bgoodman4 said, I don't think it should hurt anything.

You want the green for 2 channel output :thumb:.

CropImage.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.