Probably the best combination against most viruses and nearly all zero day (free)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Forever, Oct 17, 2014.

1. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Probably was the cloud issue cause 360TS is digitally signed and the vendor is in Trusted list.

2. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Strange, I have a custom solution, all designed with paid products.

If people didn't support these products, they wouldn't exist for you to use for free. I personally don't like free products because they usually come at a price. Either someone else is carrying your weight, or the products aren't up to par with paid solutions, or in some cases you are being data mined. Either way, I prefer to pay and be on the right side of the discussion.

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Maybe. Microsoft is in their trusted list, yet I get random windows files flagged periodically also. Same goes for ATI drivers, etc...

Every time Comodo releases a new version, I try it, and always walk away with the same frustrations. It some ways the program is so good, but in others so annoying.

EDIT: Also, it seems "unrecognized files" never get updated. I always thought they were supposed to get checked in the cloud, and then automatically flagged safe(or bad)? It never seems to work like that though. They sit "unrecognized" until I finally flag them safe myself.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  4. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

My sentiments exactly.

5. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Yeah...that should be done automatically.
    Have you tried to check manually?

6. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Usually says "file already submitted". But it should take them minutes to analyse. Not weeks.

7. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

You can get better for free if you are smart and know how to ?

Regards Eck:)

8. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Better is relative, and largely an opinion. What is better for you doesn't always equate with better for others. I use a lot of different metrics to evaluate what I use, and it's not entirely based on raw detections. Usability, compatibility actually factor slightly higher in many cases, but also I tend to leverage newer technologies, that are more proactive, and have been steadily moving away from traditional signature based AV's as one example.

I rarely use free products. Mostly because I don't have to use them, and often because I have pretty high standards of evaluation, and often have limited time to adapt free products for my requirements. For example I COULD use Libre or Open Office, yet I elect to pay for Office365(2013). But in my case adapting PERRLA to Libre/OO is difficult (and often impossible), and 365 is standardized with all major colleges and universities. That's just one example where I choose paid over free. I could get free HD channels with an antenna in my home, but I elect to pay for premium quality HD via Cable. Most free security solutions I have tried lack in some significant way, or require more time than I am willing to invest. These days my time is my most valuable commodity.

Also if guys like me didn't pay, then the free stuff would go away. I like to support folks in their endeavers, and I like to feel a perceived superiority with paid - even if that's more ethereal than I care to admit.

9. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

I could go into a long diatribe about various freeware, payware, and open source security solutions, and their various points of suckage, but I think I'd best hold my tongue. Suffice to say that I avoid payware solutions like the plague, and it has very little to do with their efficacy.

Also, I'm going to say the OP is probably trolling...

10. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

I doubt your cheapo deal of the month, is supporting very much in the AV industry unless you are a one man corporate enterprise ?

As to your supposed "superiority," it is a mere drop in the ocean of my smuggness knowing that I got better for free.

Perhaps getting back on topic would be time better spent than going around this nugget yet again ?

Regards Eck:)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.