privarsey enhancment question

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Bethrezen, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

as well as lookin in to geting a better firewall im also lookin in to anonamising my conection i here jap is good for this any other sergestions

thanks

2. Bethrezen

ok mabe i should try and refrazein my question scince i have had no responce

as well as lookin in to a better more secure firewall

im also lookin in to anonymizing my conection and im wondering if jap would be the best app for this as people here at wilders seam to think quite highley of it and i have trouble running complcated programs as i am still new to this sort of thing which of all the anomizers have been proven to be the best at what thay do

also anyone requemend a good anonymos email servace to replace hot mail

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Bethrezen,

Apologies for not replying. JAP will do fine as a free service; keep in mind it could cause slow downs, and on occasion is off line.

Why not give it a try? No harm done ;)

regards.

paul

4. Bethrezen

hi thanks for ya reply

however the link to jap i have is not workin i cant get the page to load has the page adress for jap changed ?? this is the adress i have help

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

It seems your link is good.......

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/

However, as in the only drawback to JAP, the site seems to be down at the moment.....

Since JAP is a not for profit service and does not charge anything for using it, it tends to be down and not working at times..... Other than for that drawback, Jap is definitely a good service, IMHO.

Regards,
    Kent

6. Bethrezen

hi puff-m-d

thanks for ya reply

how ever i cant get to the page it just keeps sayin the page cant be displayed in both ie and msn explorer :mad: Evil microsoft why cant they wrigth a broweser that works

can anyone requemend another program that can do what jap does ?

7. Paul Wilders

Bethrezen,

Did you check this thread?

regards.

paul

8. Bethrezen

hi

been there already and it dond do me much good i was hopin for somthin free like jap sounds a lil cheep but i dont got a lot of £$£$ to splash around so for now i need to make do with free programs though in maney cases free is better that pay version anyway

i do got one question though how come i cant get to the jap web page are thay just off line right now ?? its not just me eather see i told my friend about jap coz hes got a brordband conection and he though it sounded really good as it would help to keep his conection secure by makin him anonmass and hiding his ip adress but he tryed to go to there page to download it and he got the same error as message as me page can not be displayed

Help

9. Paul Wilders

JacK proposed sockscap: free for personal use! ;)

regards.

paul

10. Bethrezen

hi

yeah i know but the trouble is that that only hides ya ip like a proxi i wanna diapear and be totaly anonomas

however sound like a good app to work in conjuction with jap and proxis and an spy blocker and other apps of the sort but it cant replace them though though i could be wrong im probably not as knolageable about theses things as others here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.