Privacy keeps losing to “security”

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by CloneRanger, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

http://www.infowars.com/why-security-keeps-winning-out-over-privacy

2. x942

x942 Guest

What we need is a balance between the two. Both sides are correct GPS, Cameras, etc. are great for security and help the police and NSA alot. However their needs to be a privacy aspect. Right now privacy advocates and general public only have "warrants" to "protect" them. (with the sole exception of airports) their should be alot more protection. Start with legalizing GPS Jammers - this would be great for those worried about being tracked and aren't actually breaking the law. How to prevent criminals from getting them? License them out (not that they won't just by them anyways; but they buy them now anyways so whats that matter?)

If I know exactly why I am giving up privacy I am more prone to agree to it. As I mentioned airports need higher security and I am fine with it. If they can watch everything I do in the airport and it saves some lives thats fine. I mean who stays in the airport for a long time? Who does personal things in an airport?

Great read btw! Thanks for the post :D

3. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

The More Security = the Less Privacy...;)

4. hugsy

hugsy Registered Member

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "
    -Benjamin Franklin

5. x942

x942 Guest

Sad but true. My house is an example of that. The entire out side is covered with CCTV cameras and doors covered with Electromagnetic locks. I have camera's in almost every room as well as other security measures. BUT I also have privacy devices. In about 30 seconds my house can become a "leak" proof room. Remotely activated white-noise generators to block bugs, bug detectors and even an old computer that broadcasts 20000 fake wifi access points. Now if only cell phone jammers were legal ;)

EDIT: I also don't own a single hard drive or flash drive that ISN'T encrypted :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.