Privacy Expert Install

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by daringler, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daringler

daringler Registered Member

Trying to install 7.0 upgrade and just before file copying is complete, the computer does a reboot and the install process does not get completed. Operating system is XP Pro. Any suggestionso_O?

2. madmax69

madmax69 Registered Member

Re: Privacy Expert Install STOP Error

Yep, I tried the same with Acronis 8. I removed the "automatically reboot" setting and found this was what was briefly getting displayed before auto reboot (no entries in event log even though enabled in control panel)

STOP DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000D1
    (0x83974750, 0x0000002, 0x000001, 0xf7617EA)

IDECNDR.SYS

etc..

Searching Google shows this to be a fault related to a number of other products not just Acronis (no entries found for Privacy suite actuallly) so its probably an error triggered by a combination of factors.

I am running Windows XP, SP1, 740mb memory, temp as ramdisk (96mb free) 200mb free hard drive space. Zone Alarm (Free), AVG Anti Virus (Free)

I think Acronis software is pretty good and I'm sure this will turn out to be due to an interaction with something else.. Having said that I have no problems with the laptop at all other than installing Acronis PS 8

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello daringler and madmax69,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please note that we do not support Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 7.0 because it is rather old version. As for the problem with installation of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0, please make sure you use the latest (74:cool: build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. madmax69

I wasn't sure of the build but I can see in Windows Explorer that the status bar shows 8.0.732 if I click on the file. Will retry

5. madmax69

Donner und blitzen!. I have the product registered but on the updates page it doesn't seem to have triggered that a new update can be downloaded. Perhaps the registration is assuming I already have the latest build?? - Unfortunately I can't publish my profile details or serial number here.

6. Acronis Support

Hello madmax69,

The 8.0.732 string means that you use the old (732) build. Please download the latest one (74:cool: from our site. This should solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. madmax69

8. Acronis Support

Hello madmax69,

Did you manage to download the latest build? If so does the error persists?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. madmax69

Hi Ilya,

Thanks for the rapid response. I've just enabled core-dumping and deliberately crashed it so I can email you a core-dump from XP Home.

Can't get access to the latest update yet. I only just registered my personal edition today and, although its showing as a registered product, it hasn't filtered thru to my available updates yet. If I can get access to it I will download, reinstall again and fwd any crash dumps

Just emailed @ UK GMT 21:52 - should be with you by now

"Max"

10. madmax69

Booohoo!!! :'( Product is registered ok with product key but no updates showing on my update screen yet so I can't retest and report back

11. Acronis Support

Hello madmax69,

Do you have Acronis Privacy Expert Suite Personal? If so that is the reason why you cannot download the update. We regret to inform you that we do not support personal versions that is why we do not provide updates for them. Personal version is intended to let people get acquainted with Acronis software. You may purchase the upgrade to the full version (that is cheaper than the original full version) at our on-line store.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.