Printer Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wildman, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:( Yup it's me the Wildman. I have a problem with my HP Desk Jet 3820 printer.

The cartridge moves, but not to the center. Paper ejects, an no apparent paper jam. No error message displayed. Lights are blinking, turning machine on an off only ejects paper, but does not solve the problem. No jobs in the spool file, of course will not print. HELP!

Any information, links an or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Wildman
    o_O :'(

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have a 3520 and had almost the exact same problem,HP support told me to unplug the printer (power and Usb cable and leave undone for at least an hour so it will clear the memory in the printer. And clear the printer cache on the computer. after the hour plug back in reboot and try it. If that doesn't work they said to reinstall the printer software. Just unplugging the printer and clearind the printer cache fixed my problem. I really hope this fixes yours.

bigc

3. wildman

:mad: Nope, the problem is still in effect. The carriage moves, it spits out paper. However I now get "Carriage can not move". disconnected everything, uninstalled the printer files and driver, re downloaded the updated driver an installed. All of this worked fine, but the problem is still in effect.

This is the second HP printer that I have owned, I am starting to think perhaps they are hunks of junk. May be without a printer for awhile.

Thanks BigC: Your help is appreciated. The Wildman is just frustrated at this time.

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/mad/332.gif

Thanks
    Wildman

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Just in case you haven't seen their support on this printer--3820

5. wildman

Thanks Ronjor, but that is the first place that I went looking for help. No luck, sent them one of those email messages, but don't expect much of a reply. Apparently their attitude is one should buy a new printer. Granted it is not that of an expensive one, but in my situation it is still a hunk of change. This is the second HP printer that I have had go belly up on me, an each time it has been the carriage. I am starting to think perhaps their product line in this area are hunks of junk.
    [​IMG]

Thanks
    Wildman

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It sounds as if the hp 3820 DJ printer is a real bucket of parts. I have had my 3520 for quite a while with no problems except the drivers were a real chore to install. good luck on the outcome of your problem. ;)

8. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Hey Wildman,

I had a very similar problem with my HP Office Jet after a few years, and I eventually broke down and replaced it. Thing is, I bought a Canon :D

Oh well, it was between the HP and Canon when I first purchased the HP in '99...so I decided to go for a change. So far, so good :)

9. wildman

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/042.gif

Well I may be back in business. My daughter had an old printer that she was not using, so guess who now has it attached to his computer? Will have to wait till the end of the month an buy cartridges for it, but all looks as if it will work.

It is nothing fancy: Epson Stylus Color 440, but hey it beats no printer at all, an for this the Wildman is very grateful. Had I known what is though about the HP DeskJet 3820 printer, I'd never have bought it in the first place. All the research I have done recently has indicated that this particular printer is a real hunk of junk.

Thanks
    Wildman

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.