Prevx2 update

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: There is an update at majorgeeks for Prevx2. It is a good news for those suffer a kind of Visual C++ runtime error during pc shutdown since installation of build 62. This new one is build 82. Good luck

2. JCorliss

JCorliss Registered Member

Internal updater says 56 is still latest build. Can I install this new one over the old one? I like to be able to keep my old settings?

3. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

I just got build 82 by running the internal updater from the console.

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Here you see what the changes are :
    http://info.prevx.com/versioncontrol.asp But it's better that you contact support or wait till someone else know the answer. Because you can't see what they really fixed in detail.

If you want to keep your old settings the best thing is just overwriting your previous installation with the newest build.

Strange I didn't get build 82 when using the updater. Prevx said no updates available.

5. ghiser1

ghiser1 Developer

Build 1.0.2.82 is currently available for the following Prevx 2.0 installations:

New installations - all platforms.

Updates for installations in certain control groups like beta testers and research (these include those that upgraded from Prevx1-R)

This means that some users will be seeing 1.0.2.82 as an update now, but the majority of users will not yet be seeing it. We always release updates to the beta/research groups before releasing to the general Prevx community.

It will be available as an update for the entire Prevx community very soon - a few days probably. Updating all the users in a community as large as the Prevx community is a complex logistical activity, requiring global co-ordination and bandwidth control to ensure that its available to all users when they want it.

Anybody not wanting to wait for the update is of course at liberty to uninstall their current version, download the latest and reinstall - simply make a note of your license key and enter it again on installation. If you're currently running a trial the time to have left is tracked by us and you will have the same trial period left after any reinstallation.

Regards,

Prevx support

6. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello ghiser1

Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards
    Niels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.