Prevx scanning too many times

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Doraemon, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

Hi. I have 3 licenses of Prevx installed on my PC, laptop and netbook. I have the same configuration for all 3 and the same problem too. I have enabled the scheduled scans (every Sunday at 9pm) but the scanning window pops up nearly every day, sometimes even twice a day. Is there something wrong? Is it normal?

I know that I can stop those scans but I'd like to know if I'm missing something with the normal functionality of Prevx.

Having said that, I wanted to say (again) that Prevx is such a great product and that I'm very proud to have bought it! (will renew even if Webroot is now the parent company).

Thanks for taking your time on answering my questions!

2. mHazweiO

mHazweiO Registered Member

Hi,

have checked the other settings in the Scan scheduler menu that trigger a scan?
    1) 'If my computer is not powered on at the scheduled time, scan at next bootup

and

2) Scan automatically after bootup

Best regards,

mHazweiO

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

In addition to these points, if you have raised your heuristic settings, it is possible that some files are getting flagged by a heuristic, triggering a scan to determine if they should really be blocked. It might be helpful to send a scan log to us by clicking Tools - Save Scan Results and send it to report@prevxresearch.com to determine if this is the case.

Thank you! :)

4. Doraemon

Everything is unchecked except for: "Enable Scheduled Scans", "Scan my system every Sunday 9pm" and "Only alert me if an infection is found".

5. Doraemon

On its way! Thanks a lot mate! :argh: :argh: :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.