Prevx down?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Threedog, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Just tried to reinstall Prevx and couldn't get it to activate. said that it was unable to connect to server. Tried to get to their website and said unable to connect to server also.

Anyone else having problems?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Yes - we are in the middle of some database maintenance - should be back up and running faster than ever very shortly :)

3. Threedog

And of course now would be the time when I was doing a reinstall LOL!!! Glad to hear it's nothing serious.

4. PrevxHelp

Haha, have to love random luck there!

I'll make a post when all of our servers are back up (but they will probably be up long before I log back in as it is 3am and I'm in dire need of sleep while the database guys finish up :) ))

5. Threedog

Thanks!!!!

Yes, I start to get a little winded at 3am myself. Not as young as I used to be. Forgot that you guys were "across the pond" from us.

6. PrevxHelp

:)

FWIW - we have been up for quite a few hours now. Scan speed should be about 15-20% faster as well, thanks to the upgrades ;)

7. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

I had reason to do a full system scan including the archives last Wednesday (24th) and it completed in less than half the time it used to take. I have noticed that the CSI scans also seem to be quicker as well lately. Is it just me or have there been some unannounced "under the hood" improvements to the scanning engine? I keep finding / noticing subtle little changes / improvements lately.

Ian

8. PrevxHelp

We are constantly making substantial improvements to our server-side scan engines in speed and detection. (That's one of the benefits of a community database - we never have to ship an update when we change the code ;) The actual software on the client machines is very minimal.)

You should be seeing another couple rounds of major improvements over the coming weeks as well, followed by some interesting new software :)

9. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Things are starting to look very interesting :)
    Please keep us informed. (pity there isn't a drooling smilie) :D

Ian

10. Threedog

Thanks for the updates. I kept an eye on it last nite and when it was back up I reinstalled and things are working A-OK.

Can't wait for the new software upgrades, although what is here now is working great as usual.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

this is very good news. Prevx back in the hunt.:thumb:

12. Threedog

They were never really out of the hunt. They were just busy sighting in their new gun. Their big gun was working fine.

13. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Promises of "better things to come" have gone on for years -- but so far they have turned out to be nothing but words. No tangible upgrades to software OR support have come out of all the blather so far. I hope it does produce a new/improved Prevx -- but (based on past experience) I will believe results, not just talk.

14. Threedog

I haven't had any problems with 2.0 and it's been knocking off stuff that I run into during my "hunting" sessions left and right. And this is stuff that my AV didn't flag.
    Besides, the biggest part of Prevx is on their side of the fence and they have been making improvements and upgrades to that.

15. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Here a reply to both your doubts :)

Anyway yes, you're right :) The best is to judge when you've things in your hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.