Prevx and gotomeeting

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by dan4m5, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan4m5

dan4m5 Registered Member

I purchased Prevx this week and it works well with everything so far, except when I use GoToMeeting ... which can be found at http://www.gotomeeting.com/fec/

I can see OTHER people's screens as usual using gotomeeting, but when I make myself the "presenter" and try to show MY screen... they cant see it.

If I disable Prevx... then they CAN see my screen.

So I am hoping there's a setting somewhere that will prevent Prevx from affecting my gotomeeting show-my-screen issue.

If so, please let me know, in detailed step-by-step instructions, how to do so. I looked thru the Prevx Settings and didnt see how to do it, but I may have missed it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Dan

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Prevx SafeOnline has been designed to prevent malicious programs from viewing your screen contents. Because of this, it also can cause remote viewing tools, like gotoMeeting, from seeing screen data as well.

To circumvent this, click Configure next to SafeOnline Browser Security and lower the protection from Maximum to High.

This should correct the issue but please let us know if you experience anything else!

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@PrevxHelp

Excuse me for butting in.

So gotoMeeting etc will now show that screen by lowering the protection from Maximum to High, but will this still prevent malicious programs from viewing screen contents etc ?

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This will disable the screen protection for any unknown screenlogger. Known malicious ones will still be blocked but by default Prevx treats every program as unknown and will therefore block it from viewing screen contents while on Maximum. However, in a case like gotoMeeting, it is required to share your desktop so this is a reasonable case to lower your protection, although you can also temporarily disable all of protection by turning SafeOnline off completely or disabling the Prevx protection, but we generally recommend against this.

Changing configuration to "High" will still leave all of the malware/phishing/keylogger/clipboard stealer/MitB/etc. protection enabled.

Hope that helps! :)

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@PrevxHelp

Indeed it does ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.