Prevx and AcroReader IE Plugin

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by spiff5000, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiff5000

spiff5000 Registered Member

I have to add my 2 cents...

Like previous postings, I get alerts for spysweeper. I also get alerts for Norton.

Today was third time since installing Prevx last week that my PC hung. This time I was patient. It took 45 minutes just to get task manager to display my processes sorted by CPU usage. Looks like the acro reader IE plugin (ver.6) was 100%. I finally got it to release. This makes sense since I was trying to close IE with an embedded .pdf that locked up.

I've read that Adobe Acrobat Reader v6 has a web-enabled service (rsMenu.exe) constantly running. Has anyone else has a problem with Prevx and AcroReader? I've never had a problem with AcroReader before.

-Spiff5000

2. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

I m having sometimes problem with Acrobat Reader (5.0.5) when allowing him to internet.Sometimes when i close the window it doesn't shut off.In the task manager there is a Acroread32.exe (or something like that,i can't remember) that slows down my pc unless i kill it manually.

This independently from the use of PrevX.I haven't observed any particular conflict with it.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I get this, too.. and I think it ocassionally hits the processor pretty hard when it's hung in memory. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a "feature"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.