Prevx 3.0.5.16 email problems

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by alternety, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alternety

alternety Registered Member

Probably from yesterday (not sure) I can not paste into an email nor can I click a link in an email and have it open a browser window. This is my curent problem.

As an unrelated aside, using help on Prevx opens an IE instance even though my default browser is Fierfox. That should be fixed.

Background information.

Current XP, Firefox 3.5.5, Thunderbird
    I have had several weeks of ongoing problems. I must have asked for the download of Prevx betas a while back. I have had slow/scrambled text entering in browser windows, it seemed to get better, then I could not type into them at all for a couple of days at the end of last week, and now the problem I mentioned above. In all cases stopping Prevx fixed the problems. Not typing at all was fixed by backing off ForceField.

I think at least part of the problem is a confluence from Hell of updates to the scope of Prevx, ZoneAlarm and AdAware in a similar time frame. I now have an adaware task running all the time and I never asked for realtime monitoring. ZA now includes their virtualized isolation; something called ForceField. I had tried several of the beta releases of ForceField a number of months ago and it was a basic disaster, so I removed it. I installed their latest update last week not knowing it was in now in the official release. I have uninstalled ZA and gone back to the previous release. We are back to just things that go away with Prevx.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Could you please start by sending us a scan log by clicking Tools > Save Scan Results and mail it to report@prevxresearch.com?

If this doesn't shed enough light on the issues you've been experiencing, we'll investigate further :)

Let me know if you have any questions or find anything else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.