Previous Versions Available Online?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rh0926, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rh0926

rh0926 Registered Member

Nov 11, 2005
    I purchased TI8 from NewEgg a few months ago. I uninstalled it from my system and couldn't find the installation key to reinstall it.

So, since the price was good on NewEgg again, I just recently purchased TI9 version 22XX.

TI9 takes forever to run (both backup and restore) and has problems with my Windows 2000 installations.

When I back up a Windows 2000 drive and go to restore it on a different machine, it gives me the option to restore it in the Active, Primary, or Inactive partitionso_O I just want to restore the whole drive as C:, but TI9 only requires me to select the D: drive or aboveo_Oo_O? I upgraded to version 2302 and tried again. It didn't ask about the Active, Primary or Inactive partitions or what drive I wanted to restore, but when looking at the Progress screen, I saw I was restoring C: --> D:

Now that the image is loaded, when I boot, I get an error that says 'Non-System disk, press any key...' Once I press a key, it loads to Windows 2000.

Because of the problems I have been getting with 9, is there a place I can go to download version 8? It had no problems with imaging 2000. Will my version 9 installation key work with the older version?

Thanks for any assistance....

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Support will give you a serial for TI8 if you ask nicely, and reference this thread in your email.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.