Previous issue

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by JElmWin, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JElmWin

JElmWin Registered Member

I was wondering if there is anything I've done wrong on my previous thread("Please check HT log")? I havn't heard from anyone and thought that maybe I was overlooked. I know this is an active forum and appreciate the fine work being done here. The computer I had scanned isn't mine and I'm not often there. I would hate to think that I messed something up! :oops:

Thanks again,
    John

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi JElmWin,

I gave you my view on that log. You choose not to follow the directions you were given. Which is completely and ultimately your choice. No problem.
    But i was not aware there was anything else.
    If there is, feel free to add that to that thread.

Regards,

Pieter

3. JElmWin

JElmWin Registered Member

Fair enough.
    I didn't run CWShredder because I had left for the evening before the instruction was posted.
    When I returned the next day you had given differing instructions.
    I chose to follow them and not run CWS because of this line "And then do wait for an expert to help you in the best possible way".
    Since my cousin is a Net Zero subscriber I took a SWB snapshot. I then had HT fix all items. I rebooted and proceeded to delete the NetZero program files and the nzsearch file.
    When I attempted to return online with NZ Windows went looking for the file. This seemed only logical as I had just deleted it. I then retrieved the two files from the recycle bin and restored them.
    I didn't want to leave the computer in an unusable state and didn't know how soon I could return.
    I wasn't sure if you understood that they were NZ subscribers and wanted to here from you before proceeding.
    Trust me I always follow your instructions to the letter. However I don't like to burden you with constant postings. Therefore I research what I can from your tutorials, previous postings and the like, so I don't waste your time with items I can fix myself.
    So, tell me how to proceed?

John

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Well, apart from the NetZero intrusions, and I must admit I was not aware of the fact they were needed for the connection, that log was clean.

They do install a lot of software that other providers can do without. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.