Preview a Reply

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by linney, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linney

linney Registered Member

Is it me or is there a minor problem with previewing a reply before posting. Several times in the past couple of days while attempting to preview an intended reply the message gets posted while in the Preview Pane without ever touching the Post button.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hmm, I've never had a post preview result in the actual posting of a reply, and I post a lot here. ;) Just an FYI, those of us who work on the forum still run the exact same interface as everyone else.

Perhaps you could go over to the Test Forum and try a few posts / replies and see if you can recreate the problem? What browser are you using?

3. linney

linney Registered Member

Thanks for the very quick reply.

I am using IE6 SP1 with every known update on XP Pro!

I don't normally have problems using preview before posting, here or in other forums.

See if you get this message because I am going to preview it but not post it.

I play with the test forum later. Thanks.

PS.......I never posted this message so you didn't get it.

4. linney

linney Registered Member

Thanks for the very quick reply.

I am using IE6 SP1 with every known update on XP Pro!

I don't normally have problems using preview before posting, here or in other forums.

See if you get this message because I am going to preview it but not post it.

I'll play with the test forum later. Thanks.

PS.......I never posted this message so you didn't get it.

5. linney

linney Registered Member

There, you got two replies (one with a correction) without me touching anything but preview.

I'm off back to school to relearn how to post before I fill up this forum.

6. LowWaterMark

Well, that is certainly interesting. I'm not sure what this could be. :doubt:

Perhaps if anyone else has ever experienced this problem, even if they just wondered if they had hit [post] accidentally and were unsure, they'll reply to this topic and let us know.

One question though. Looking at the time differential on your two posts (a 1 min 12 sec difference), makes me wonder if there was any delay in response (as seen from your perspective) or any error message at all while doing this?

7. linney

linney Registered Member

Hi, the two posts 1 min apart were just me correcting a spelling mistake in preview. No errors this end but possibly having my Outpost version 1 firewall set to disable ActiveX Controls, Java and VBS may be the cause. What do you think.

Ps I have filled up the test forum, sorry.

8. LowWaterMark

As replied in the Test Forum:

A YaBB SE forum uses script on several built-in functions. Perhaps your firewall is interfering in some way. You may need to exclude or bypass that for this forum.

9. linney

linney Registered Member

I'll do that infuture, thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.