powerfull antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sach1000rt, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

which is the powerfull antispyware(with realtime protection) which can run along with nod32 flawlessly?

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

there are only two that come to mind.
    counterspy version 2 and superantispyware.
    you can trial both for free.
    what is your browser?
    if you use opera of firefox as your main browser then it is very unlikly your get infected with spyware.
    especially if your a safesurfer.
    i have superantispyware and its great.
    the lastest version can do a full scan of my computer 54.8gb used in 10minutes.
    quick scan takes around 5minutes.
    lodore

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Powerful something? An antispyware that can sweep away everything in its path ? By name, spysweep takes the crown. in reality, it could be a trouble maker. I have not to this day found any powerful AS. But if you are looking for a reliable one. SAS pro may be the one. Good luck.

5. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Registered Member

Lodore, on my computer (35GB used) it takes >20 min for a quick scan. I have an AMD 3500 with 1.5GB of ram. After reading your post I ran a quick scan and it took 25:23 to complete. I have the SAS free version. I rarely use SAS due to the length of time of a scan. I also find SAS no more effective than the often bashed Spybot and Ad-Aware SE that I use.

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Spy Sweeper probably falls into this category. It ran flawlessly alongside NOD32 when I had it.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I also would recommend SUPERAntiSpyware, but only one AS-scanner isn't enough.

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

SUPERAntiSpyware.

Try it and discover the difference it can make. There's still no better compliment for that combo then a good solid HIPS too. I personally recommend System Safety Monitor if you don't mind learning to tighten it's rules which give YOU! the control.

If you prefer to pass that control over to an automatic type decision maker like AV's, then i would suggest a Prevx2 for one example.

Best Of Luck :)

9. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Maybe brain.exe is keeping you far away from encountering malware :)

10. charincol

charincol Registered Member

Firefox with NoScript!

I have been running without realtime anti-spyware for over a year and a half. I believe in prevention (which NoScript provides), rather than removal. I don't worry if I have to go to the dark side of the internet every once in a while(which isn't regular like some here :D .) I only use 2 on-demand scanners(a-squared and ewido) along with Nod32 for stuff I download.

11. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Hello!

I would go with Superantispyware!

12. DGMurdockIII

DGMurdockIII Registered Member

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello Buzzstone,
    the older versions of superantispyware took around 30minutes for the quick scan.
    so im glad the full scan is now only 20minutes.
    superantispyware is lean and mean and i hope nick keeps it this way.
    i also have spysweeper but i hate it.
    its getting way to bloated.
    lodore

14. muf

muf Registered Member

Another vote here for Superantispyware. Used Spy Sweeper ever since it was first released(4 years? Anyone know?). Uninstalled it last week. Too bloated. Yep, SAS is now king of the hill.

muf

15. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

FF with Noscript run through Sanboxie whilst in PowerShadow mode.;)

If that's too hard:
    FF with Noscript run through Sanboxie.:p

If that's too hard:
    FF with Noscript.:)

If that's too hard:
    FF + SuperAntiSpyware with fingers crossed for no zero days!:'(

16. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

I installed the latest build of SASPRO last night. I have roughly 40GB of data spread across 2 partitions on one drive and 1 partition on another drive. SASPro took 1 hour 10 minutes to do a full scan. I don't see where that's really any faster than anything else I've used. I don't have a dual core system though so maybe thats making the difference for people with newer rigs.

Regardless. SAS found nothing at all so I can't say that it does any better than any other app I have. Maybe my browsing habits and the fact I use NoScript are keeping me clean.

17. muf

muf Registered Member

Pull the power cord out. It's easy and the safest protection possible! ;)

muf

18. Franklin

Way too hard!;)
    Hit your shift key 5 times and then tell me!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  19. ErikAlbert

sach1000rt,
    Anti-Spyware is OK, but Powerfull Anti-Spyware ? That doesn't exist, at least not when you use scanners, based on blacklists. If you want real power, you need something much stronger, so strong you might not even like it. :)

20. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

What do you have in mind? And please stay on-topic. :)

Gerard

21. Franklin

Well without using the best security possible:
    SAS
    Once clean don't get infected again.Or at least get infected and just delete it!
    Sandoxie

22. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Have that, run that :)

Gerard

23. ErikAlbert

Well, I explained it already so many times. Maybe it's too simple to understand. :)
    Any infection causes a change somewhere on your harddisk, that's how infections betray themselves.
    That's the weakness of any virus/spyware/trojan/keylogger/rootkit/whatever ... infection.
    I don't need to be a malware/security expert to figure that out, it's pure logical reasoning.

So the logical antidote is to UNDO these changes and that means you have to use a software that UNDOES these changes, like DeepFreeze, ShadowUser, Returnil, FirstDefense-ISR, ...
    The only problem with these softwares is that they only act on reboot and that is still not good enough for me.
    On reboot is too slow and too late, because each possible infection has time to execute itself. When I undo the change immediately, the infection has no time to execute itself, which means I don't need any security software anymore to stop the execution.

So I'm waiting for a software that stops any change immediately.
    This software almost exists : Faronics Anti-Executable, unfortunately AE stops only unauthorized executable objects.
    I want a similar software, like AE, that stops any unauthorized object immediately.
    Once I have that : no installation, no execution, no removal of infections anymore.

24. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Say ErikAlbert.

I'm surprised you didn't yet suggest that there IS a POWERFUL anti-spyware, as in AE. :D
    I don't think they get any more powerful than that although it's not considered a Anti-Spyware in the conventional sense.

25. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Most powerfull at the moment = A2 Anti-Malware, with nice IDS feature. http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/ids/

Key issue is that Anti-Spyware programs look for foot/finger prints of known malware. A2 does that but also has some powerfull and easy to use additional protection (e.g. modifying processes = behavior bloking).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.