Posting/word processing advice?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by the Tester, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have a question.I hope that it hasn't been covered,if so I missed it.I notice that most posts in this forum are clean and" professional" looking.With the exception of mine. :( How do you post in a forum using paragraphs etc..What program does everybody recommend?I'm sure that a program does exist on my pc(xp home)that I can use for clean and nice looking posting.Is there a freeware program that would be easy for a novice user(on a good day)?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hey Tester, :)

I don't think most people use any special software for formatting their posts here. I know that I don't. (Though, I've seen some people mention adding a spell checker, ieSpell, which is a nice freeware product.)

Of course, you've probably seen a number of special effects and other pretty cool things in some posts here... One "nice to know" thing about any post here is that you can find out what/how they were done by pressing the {quote} button located in any post at the top right corner. This will bring up a posting window with the full contents, special codes, formatting and all, of what they included in their post.

Review several different posts this way and you'll see what people are doing in order to produce the results they desire. Try some of it yourself... Do some test posts over in the Test Forum. Since you can delete your own posts, you can try out all kinds of different things, and clean up anything you don't want to keep online. Give it a try.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Thanks LWM.
    I didn't know "quote" could show that.
    The "light bulb" in my head is starting to turn on.I think posting has a lot to do with the keyboard instead of notepad or some software program.
    I'm definitely not wise to typing and it's finer points.
    I always figured that the "enter" button on my keyboard would enter a post.
    I'll have to practice in the test thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.