Posters????

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Cochise, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi Wilders All,

Being a fairly Newbie to this wonderful site (Been coming and going about a year now) and considering the fact that it has nearly 6000 members, how come there are loads of Readers but mainly only a handful Posterso_O

I must admit I don't contribute that much as far as help is concerned because I don't know that much and anyway I'am always asking for help myself but don't see many others asking for aid.

I can only assume that they're all cool dudes as far as the old Computer knowhow goes or all to shy to Post.

Me, I'm not shy and I'am more than willing to accept any help that's offered to me with the most grateful thanks because I need all the help I can get and I know that the kind peeps on this site offer their knowledge without a second thought.

Just a thought that's all, I hope it's taken as it is meant, without offence to anyone.

May I just add, I'am not in the least bit upset about the fact that I didn't win anything......Sob!......Holds back tear from falling into keyboard.....takes swallow from large Whiskey.....Sob! Sob!....goes into Cupboard to let out long drawn out Howl of anguish. Ahh! I feel better now, don't worry about me, I'll be alright.

Very Best Regards to All, Cochise.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Cochise,

Actually, that's quite common - many "lurkers" decide to sign up as a member, just in case they want to contribute or ask questions. Happens on most of support boards like this one. In perspective, there might be a "handful" of posters as you've worded - looking at the numbers, there are quite a lot members (and unregistered visitors!) posting over here ;)

Actually, most posters do ask questions/ask for help - and are helped out as much as possible ;)

Good for you! Although our team does an outstanding job: keep using your own sound mind!

Don't worry: it's appreciated :cool:

Bad luck indeed ;) As a comfort: one person's gain is another person's loss. So, by not winning anything, you've made someone else a happy winner! (there's a loophole in this; guess you'll figure it out :D ).

regards.

paul

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey Cochise we'll hafta get together and drink ourselves under the table while complaining loudly about our bad luck :D

But to a newcomer I think I sure can see why it looks strange - you see over 6,000 registered but you only really see maybe 20-30 (or somethin' like that) people regularly having active discussions throughout the forum.

As far as who asks for help; you will see several regulars who are really knowledgeable and when they DO ask for help I usually have no idea what they are talking about; so I just get to help out a newbie or two here and there if I'm around at the right moment :D Otherwise I'm mostly asking opinions/advice or help of some sort.

It also amazes me at the things you can learn by reading threads about stuff that is beyond my computer knowledge - things fit in here and there and make lights go on...

4. microwave

microwave Registered Member

Just reading and learning over here - only log in when needed. Guess most members do the same!

mwave

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

LOL! When it comes to explaining how to look on the bright side, Paul is the champion! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.