Ports Visible at PC Flank...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by Kivstev, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kivstev

Kivstev Registered Member

... but stealthed at Shields Up using ESS Beta 4.

I do notice that PC Flank 'recommends' Outpost :p

So what is the story? Firewall flaw, firewall setting not correct, or 'other'?

Attached Files:

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I'm completely invisible. Are you behind a router and have you got it configured properly?

3. Kivstev

I believe so. I thought that if that a personal firewall is configured correctly it should show that the ports are invisible no matter what my router is doing.

I do not have any of those ports opened on my router.

Interestingly, I have Outlook 2009 on XP (which I am dual booting with Win7), and it also shows the same ports as visible but not open with PC Flank. All other internet firewall tests I can find show the same ports as 'stealthed' for both Outook and ESS.

I suspected something may not be right with PC Flank. The confusion comes where (elapsed) says that his results ae stealthed. o_O

Edit: I meant Outpost not Outlook. :/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

When you're behind a router it shouldn't matter if your firewall is on or off your ports will always be stealth. (protected by the router) I use ESS as an extra line since it's light. To me it sounds more like a problem with the router. You could probably test disabling your firewall/windows firewall and the results will be the same. If they are all open there is definitely something wrong with the router.

Anyway on a personal note I have always only trusted grc's shields up.

5. Kivstev

Ok I'll try that. Thanks. Considering all other online scans tell me my ports are indeed stealthed, I think I just may ignore the PC Flank results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.